Monday, November 10, 2008

Novel Ideas


Starting a new novel is exciting. It's new, fresh territory with surprises lurking behind each keystroke. It is also demanding--a master that absorbs blocks of time. Since time is limited, I must choose how to portion out my resources.

The art and strategy of saving is in me as much as the determination to get what I want. At times they serve each other. At other times the two objectives collide.

Saving has become a priority for me. Sure, the economy is on peoples' minds but that's not it. The earth is my friend and I long to support the future, but that's not it either. The reality is that I have committed to beginning a new novel and I need the time to write. In turn, I'll be faced with turning down some jobs to accommodate more writing time. At this time saving seems to support me.

I'll continue to twitter my PowerTip each day as well as bring them to you here. If you would like to keep tabs on my progress, sign up for my newsletter. I expect it to go out about once a month. You don't have to worry about spam. I won't sell your name and I don't have the time to send out daily blasts.

For those of you following along on the ENERGY PROJECT, here are the past two tips:

PowerTip #3 Embrace CFL bulbs. They can cut energy use dramatically. Please be sure to dispose of them properly. Disposal sites can be found through your local bulk waste office.

PowerTip #4 Hey, is the carpet really dirty? Does it really need to be vacuumed twice a day. Could you cut back and vacuum every other day?

Stay tuned for more of the steps I've personally taken to reduce my dependence on electricity.


Bookmark and Share

No comments: