Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Santa's Helper Could Save You Big


Okay, most of you realize that I own a salon spa and write for the beauty industry. I'm not easily impressed and neither are my salon clients.

I spend time on twitter keeping track of trends emerging in the beauty industry. One of the trends is consumers trying to save money. During a twitter session I was introduced to a cosmetic line I hadn't heard of. You see, I spend a lot of time at the department store cosmetics counter. Enter e.l.f. (eyes, lips, face) on the scene with an impressive list of magazine spots and news coverage for doing just that--Delivering top quality cosmetics for rock bottom prices.

When I first went to the e.l.f. website I had to do a double take. Could that be? Is it on sale? No. I was certain that with prices that low there was no way it could be all that good. Wow. Was I surprised. The box arrived with the sampling of goods I ordered( Lip plumpers, conditioners, glosses, and eye shadows). It was becoming apparent I had hit pay dirt!

Whooo Hooooo! It was like Christmas for me and my clients who will continue to test and report on some of our findings.

I have a had a chance to use some of the products and so far I love them. Stay tuned for some in-depth reports on just what the testers find.

If you want to do your own test and jump-start your savings on beauty care, go to www.eyeslipsface.com and enter the code: BeautyWriter at checkout. You will get a 50% discount on purchases up to $15 (max discount $7.50) Make sure to sign up for their newsletter to get future discounts.

Disclosure: e.l.f. has not paid us in any way for this posting. In fact we paid to order and try the products. Being a skeptic, I didn't want it to cloud my vision of the product. They have provided the graphics and were nice enough to offer the discount!


Bookmark and Share

No comments: