Monday, June 22, 2009

Home Inventory Made Easy


I don't know about you but I've never really done a home inventory. This may surprise you since I've had damage from a hurricane, a fire, and a burst water pipe. Each time the damage was not fully covered because I either didn't have the proper coverage or didn't have my belongings documented properly. Uhg...


I'm hoping that there won't be a next time. If there is, I'll be better prepared.


Several months ago I picked up a digital recorder at a thrift shop. the plan is to go room by room and do a sweep of the room. Recording what's in the room and then doing close-ups on important items. In each room, I'll have to open drawers, closets, and cubbies to expose hidden treasures.


Burning a copy to disk and storing it off site or uploading it to a remote storage site could help me back up any future claims. I'm also marking my calendar to update it twice a year.


The digital recorder can also help validate the shape things are in.


Don't forget to register for the monthly newsletter. The button is to the right.

Bookmark and Share

No comments: