Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Repurposing a Friend's Tea Jug


While visiting a friend I saw some sturdy looking jugs in which tea is sold. I had an idea.


Those jugs would be the perfect solution to the pool cover blowing off during the winter. I had tried plastic milk jugs but the flimsy plastic didn't make it through an entire winter.


This time it was different. I filled the jugs with collected rainwater and secured them to the pool cover's grommets with a length of rope and a caribiner. Shazam! It worked like a charm. The pool cover didn't budge all winter. And the jugs look good as new.


Over the summer I'll continue to use them to store rainwater for the plants for easy watering. Next winter, I'll string them up again--again and again until they have used up their useful life. then, I guess I'll have to figure out what to do with them. They are recyclable if I can't find another suitable use.


Don't forget to register for the monthly newsletter. The button is to the right.

Bookmark and Share

No comments: