Thursday, December 11, 2008

Day 11 Keep the Savings coming

Okay folks, it's time for a little wrap-up. The month is just starting to get in swing and I'm getting aquainted with the savings strategies.

My latest electric bill was just posted and already it's a 43 kWh reduction. That doesn't sound like much but we have posted record breaking low temps and it still adds up to a 6% reduction. Did I mention that this statement only covers 3 days of December? Wow! How much can I save in a month? You will just have to stay tuned to find out the results.

Today, I spent some time researching the best ways I can target our electricity usage. I've also been thinking about what to do over the next 2 months of blogging. After talking it over with clients, we decided that January should be dedicated to carrying on the electrical savings and reducing our heating costs. In February, we should begin a targeted attempt at reducing water usage before the summer months. It's so cool that everyone has gotten into this.


Bookmark and Share

No comments: