Saturday, December 27, 2008

Day 27 Hail to the Cook

We love good food. Who doesn't?

I get sidetracked sometimes. And so here is an attempt to curb that and save some kWh!

Invariably, I'll preheat the oven and then leave it for a few minutes (or more) after it is preheated. Every minute the oven is cooking with nothing in it is a waste. Our oven/stove is electric. Boy was I surprised at how much I wasted.

So, I now have another use for the handy kitchen timer that stays clipped to my top most of the time. It will take some time to see if it makes a difference. I hope that 5 years from now I'll be evaluating my electric bill and we will be creating more electricity than we use--and selling it to the Electric Company.

Don't forget to register for the monthly newsletter. The button is to the right. At the end of December I am giving away a Kill-A-Watt meter and 2 microwave pizza trays. More goodies to come. All you have to do is register for the newsletter during the month of December to be eligible for the fishbowl style drawing.



Bookmark and Share

No comments: