Thursday, December 4, 2008

Day 4 Electricity Challenge- Continuing to Save Money


The computer is my friend! And the printer, fax, TV, stereo, ipod...


Over the years I got into the habit of leaving everything plugged in so they would always be charged. Some things I used often while others, maybe once a month.


I've invested in some smart power strips. Devices can be plugged in and then when not in use, i can simply flip the switch and STOP the phantom power drain at the source. The smart power strip can tell when I turn off the computer and it will turn off the printer and other peripherals.


The power strips I picked up also function as surge suppressors to protect my devices. Now that could save some money.


Don’t forget that we are giving away prizes at the end of December. To be eligible simply register for our monthly newsletter on the right. We don’t spam and we NEVER share your email address. One of our lovely prizes is a Kill-A-Watt meter to help identify what gadgets really draw in current. Pass it along. More prizes coming.I will also be sending out tweets that go along with the challenge www.twitter.com/BeautyWriter saving electricity is truly a beautiful thing.


Bookmark and Share

No comments: