Sunday, December 7, 2008

Day 7 of My Fabulously New Low Electric Bill


Wow, I'm really getting into this now! You guys have been great spurring me on to find more prizes and new ways to cut my electric bill.


With current events on every one's mind, how we consume and what we consume is increasingly important. People who never clip coupons are suddenly doing so. So, I know a change is happening when folks who normally consume without much thought strike up conversations with me and want more information about the challenge. Hmmmm.


"What's this electricity challenge all about?"


You see, I am a writer by trade and I also run a salon spa. Normally I'm involved in covering beauty, fashion, and business issues. The Electricity challenge was born out of the starting of a personal blog. I never thought that so many people would identify with the challenge.


So, now I talk about energy as well as beauty as a daily routine. it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. hey, maybe I can turn the thermostat down another degree? Hmmm. Ideas, ad more ideas.


Today's electricity saving endeavor is quick and simple. I've purchased thermometers for the refrigerator and freezer. I placed them inside and waited 24 hours. Oh my goodness! I found that my freezer and fridge were WAY too cold. Was wondering about those frozen veggies in the fridge a few weeks back. Hmmmm, may have the answer.


So, I adjusted the temps down and intend to check it in a day or so. The cool thing about the thermometers is that they show a range in color so you don't have to guess what temperature the fridge or freezer should be to keep your stuff safe and fresh!


While I was at it I vacuumed the coils. Don't know if that helps, but it was something that needed to be done anyway.


Don’t forget that we are giving away prizes at the end of December. To be eligible simply register for our monthly newsletter on the right. We don’t spam and we NEVER share your email address. One of our lovely prizes is a Kill-A-Watt meter to help identify what gadgets really draw in current. Pass it along. More prizes coming.I will also be sending out tweets that go along with the challenge www.twitter.com/BeautyWriter saving electricity is truly a beautiful thing.


Bookmark and Share

No comments: