Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Day 16 Electricity Reduction Made Simple


Simple is what I need these days. The Christmas holidays are here and I am NOT ready. No, it's not what you think. My gifts have all been purchased and they are neatly wrapped and stacked to make Christmas day easier. The plight this Christmas is that expenses have risen faster than income. As I look to formulate a budget for the year I am forced to make a few concessions. I'm not sure what they will be, but I know they must be far reaching to prepare for the year ahead.


The electricity challenge has helped take the edge off and I hope to keep up the habit once the month is over. Perhaps do a once a year checkup and add some new behaviors to the bag of tricks.


So, simple things are better these days. I've got a lot on my mind. This is where timers come into play. I like the idea of timers. Lights make it appear like someone is home to ward off burglars. Well, these little gadgets can also make sure that lights don't stay on too long. I like the idea of having outdoor lighting on timers. Likewise the entry door and bedroom light. I picked up extra "timer dogs" so that my outdoor lights could run through a couple of different cycles, which cut out an hour or so of lighting time. Yippee!


Don't forget to register for the monthly newsletter. The button is to the right. At the end of December I am giving away a Kill-A-Watt meter and 2 microwave pizza trays. More goodies to come. All you have to do is register for the newsletter during the month of December to be eligible for the fishbowl style drawing.



Bookmark and Share

No comments: