Saturday, December 6, 2008

Day 6 Still Finding Ways to Save Money on the Electric Bill


Okay, I have to admit that I am a huge fan of hanging the clothes on the line to dry, but as winter sets in I can get a bit lazy. During the winter the items don't dry quite as fast. That means I must plan ahead for laundry.


To combat winter laundry I'm getting in the habit of popping it in the washing machine first thing in the morning and then handing it on the line soon after getting ready for my day. i think I like the idea of accomplishing something before I ever get to work!


By dinnertime the clothes are dry or almost dry. Even if I have to put them in the dryer for a few minutes, I've still saved a ton of money.


While we are on the subject: did you know there is a International Clothesline Week? go to http://www.hangtodry.com/ and mark your calendars for the first full week of June.


And did you know that the folks at EnergyStar don't rate clothes dryers because there is little difference between them and they all use huge amounts of power.


I just love that clothes last longer, smell fresher, and are not filled with extra chemicals from dryer sheets and fabric softeners. A big plus is also that I don't have to iron. I pop my hubby's shirts on a hanger and let them dry--they go straight to the closet in perfect shape every time.




Don’t forget that we are giving away prizes at the end of December. To be eligible simply register for our monthly newsletter on the right. We don’t spam and we NEVER share your email address. One of our lovely prizes is a Kill-A-Watt meter to help identify what gadgets really draw in current. Pass it along. More prizes coming.I will also be sending out tweets that go along with the challenge www.twitter.com/BeautyWriter saving electricity is truly a beautiful thing.


Bookmark and Share

No comments: