Monday, December 29, 2008

Day 29 As the Year Comes to Close


As the year comes to a close, I look back on accomplishments and look forward to new feats.


It's been very cold and I am pleased that we have learned to pull on a sweater instead of turning up the heat. We have learned to close doors and turn off lights.


I went back today to check my carbon footprint. What I found made me feel good about our efforts over the past year. Our previous reading was 11.8 CO2/yr and our new reading... Drum roll please..... Ta Dah...5.4 CO2/yr. We more than cut it in half! Wow.


That survey didn't include all of the little things we did such as giving ecofriendly gifts and sharing rides. It didn't include switching the Rv to solar.


So, go ahead, set a benchmark and see what your carbon footprint is. Then come back at the end of next year to see what a difference you have made.


Now, if diets were just that easy. I'll leave that for www.twitter.com/girlwithnoname A better body would be her area of expertise.


Don't forget to register for the monthly newsletter. The button is to the right. At the end of December I am giving away a Kill-A-Watt meter and 2 microwave pizza trays. More goodies to come. All you have to do is register for the newsletter during the month of December to be eligible for the fishbowl style drawing.



Bookmark and Share

No comments: