Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Day 23 Save Electricity While You Sleep


I admit it, sometimes I fall asleep with the TV on. Until now, I never gave it much thought. So, okay, I don't really want to get up out of bed to unplug the TV before I fall asleep and sometimes I'm just so tired. Turns out my TV has a sleep timer on it. I can simply set the timer for 120 minutes and it will turn of when the time is up. So on nights when I'm peppy, sure, I'll get up and unplug the TV. But on the other nights- the ones when I drift off- it's okay because it will turn of automatically. Cool


Don't forget to register for the monthly newsletter. The button is to the right. At the end of December I am giving away a Kill-A-Watt meter and 2 microwave pizza trays. More goodies to come. All you have to do is register for the newsletter during the month of December to be eligible for the fishbowl style drawing.



Bookmark and Share

3 comments:

meldennis said...

Keeping cool indoors when it is hot outdoors is a problem. The sun beating down on our homes causes indoor temperatures to rise to uncomfortable levels. Air conditioning provides some relief. But the initial costs of installing an air conditioner and the electricity costs to run it can be high. In addition, conventional air conditioners use refrigerants made of chlorine compounds, suspected contributors to the depletion of the ozone layer and global warming.
But there are alternatives to air conditioning. This publication provides some common sense suggestions and low-cost retrofit options to help you “keep your cool”—and save electricity.

meldennis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
meldennis said...

Here is a link to the full article on the preceding post.

www.chillmybills.com/cool_your_home_naturally.html