Sunday, December 21, 2008

Day 21 Simple ways to Save on My Electric bill

It turns out that a cell charger uses quite a bit of power just being plugged in. That means when the phone is fully charged, well, every minute after that is a waste of electricity. The power drain is amazing and sickening at the same time.



Today I'm timing my phone to see how long it takes to charge and then unplug it. Once I know how long it takes, I'll be able to set a kitchen timer and then unplug the phone. I just love kitchen timers. not sure how much difference it will make. I sure won't be leaving it plugged in overnight anymore! I also found a cool lot of solar cell phone chargers and am snapping one up to use on the go and when camping.



Don't forget to register for the monthly newsletter. The button is to the right. At the end of December I am giving away a Kill-A-Watt meter and 2 microwave pizza trays. More goodies to come. All you have to do is register for the newsletter during the month of December to be eligible for the fishbowl style drawing.



Bookmark and Share

No comments: